Sunday, January 4, 2009

odd occurance

I was reading becoming kate's blog today and thought id share a odd instident that happened right before christmas.Around 230 in the morning my seg officer called me to come to segregation as the inmate in cell 203 was rasing tee total hell.I went down and talked to him & try and calm him down.When i stepped to the door this usually calm 'tuff guy" was bug eyed and shaking like someone had packed ice in his underware.I asked him what the problem was.He said he woke up and there was a man sitting against a wall in the cell and making a gurgling sound.He promised me if i would just get him out of that cell he would do or tell me anything i wanted to know.I had my officer move him to another cell. 2 years ago around the same time as he started rasing hell i had a inmate commit sucicide in that same cell.Guess he's still pulling time.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Y'all are scaring me! I would not like having an experience like that, but I am getting the idea that they happen a lot. I didn't know you worked in a jail...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - that seems a LOT scarier than mine! I always think the entities in our house are kids.
    An inmate committing suicide in a cell just gives me the chills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't put me in that cell, Harry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great story, Harry! Scarey, yes!

    Looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. normally i would have told him to drink a great big glass of shut the heck up but his story rang true since he didnt have a clue about the previous event

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that was some story! At least you HAD another available cell for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories like this! You ought to be around my house..Sally said she would never stay overnight here, lol. It's a little wild right now..maybe I'll do a post on it. :)

    ReplyDelete